Friday, March 27, 2009

The Thousand Hour Project



The Thousand Hour Challenge came about as half interesting project and half personal photographic challenge. The goal? Shoot 1,000 images in an hour in a small area. The rules? No chimping. No deleting. No cropping. No editing. Everything shot goes in. No laying down on the shutter just for shot count. So I tried it. My boundaries were the central park in Antigua, Guatemala one evening after shool and work when people were out. I shot with a Canon EOS 1DMkIIn and a 70-200mm f/2.8 IS lens. I shot large JPGs because I don't have enough card space for that many RAWs. The only post processing was resizing and sharpening to 1024px without cropping. Music is from a Guatemalan CD I picked up at a street stand after shooting. Video was produced in Picasa. Oh... and no, I didn't make it. I only got off 743 shots in the allotted time... maybe next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment