Friday, April 10, 2009

Look Out, Tiger Woods

Golf is huge in St. Andrews. And it ought to be. It is, of course, the birthplace of the deliciously rigorous sport. There are golf shops all over town, bearing the names of famous Scots (such as Tommy Morris and Bobby Jones) who dominated the fiercest of competition to retain their nation's honor and champion their sport. You cannot escape the athletic history. If you want, you can buy golf balls in the historic Holy Trinity Church of St. Andrews.

We golfed today at The Links. Not the Old Course. That costs 400 pounds (over $600). We opted instead for the 2 pound putt-putt course alongside the Old Course. Even so, I feel that it was an experience that should be put in the record. I am now far more cultured and accomplished than when I arose this morning. It could only have been better if I had worn a donegal tweed hat and beaten Kennan like Judson did.

1 comment:

  1. nice.
    Why didn't you bring me along?
    After all I've done for you.
    The party's over.
    - Dad

    ReplyDelete